Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colin Kapernick benches self for National Anthem
(08-31-2016, 01:05 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: What did Boomer say that was so wrong?

The narrative that there is this huge problem with police outright murdering African-Americans is totally bullshit.  This entire us vs. them mentality is a much bigger problem.  One only made worse by the actions of those as stupid as Colin Kaepernick.

Has his display changed one person's mind?  Doubtful.  Has anyone, having now seen his act, not become aware of a problem that they didn't know existed prior to said display?  Again, doubtful.  I'd say all he's managed to do is to insert himself into a conversation that in no way needs or cares to have his input.

And boy oh boy, do I hate the word privilege.  If for no other reason than it's overuse.  It's like that one guy who start saying  a new word he learned way too often.  Like, I get it, Bill.  You went to a conference where they talked about synergy. Stop bringing it up in every meeting.  The idea that there is all of this inherit privilege that somehow precludes Boomer from sharing his opinion is comical.  Ironic even.

I'm just waiting for the hot takes on this one.  "Collin Kaerpernick is just voicing his opinion!!!  That his right as an American!"  Same person then goes on to blast Boomer for sharing his opinion, in a forum (talk radio) that specifically intending for sharing your opinion.  Because he's privileged?  Uh, what?

I also hate the word "privilege." It's about families... And now, if you want to go to grad school, med school, any kind of school to get a degree to further yourself, and you are a white (throw male in there too) you will be looked at second due to requirements to hire/bring in females, minorities, etc. I know so many people who have been passed up, even when they were more than qualified, due to their "privilege." It's time to realize the bigger issues, like how can we bring family back into the picture for a lot of these conversations. Just my take.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Boomer Esiason tellin' it like it is - mroudfly - 08-31-2016, 01:20 PM