Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colin Kapernick benches self for National Anthem
(08-31-2016, 09:57 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: If you haven't seen Bill Burr's take on Yoko you should give it a listen.  Definitely good for a laugh.

That is pretty amusing, but between the whole Yoko thing and singing I am the Walrus and so on I think Lennon was more about getting off on the power he had over the public.  Basically, he noticed the way people idolized and hung on his every word so he wrote a song full of gibberish and watched the masses eat it up and babble on and on (for what...50 years and some change now?) about goo goo ga joob and so on.

McCartney wasn't as intentional but he wasn't immune to this either.  His first post-Beatles solo album was half an album padded out with faceless instrumentals and half-baked nonsense that would make a high school garage band embarrassed to have on a hastily recorded demo tape...but it's Sir Paul so the album is lauded and has been remastered and re-released a zillion times.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Beatles but I truly think John Lennon was cynically trolling the hell out of our gullible asses much of the time.  Then again, the total shite avant garde albums he made didn't sell too well so perhaps he got a bit humble for a bit there.  Still, to get back to politics Lennon's demeanor sort of reminds me of Trump's.  You know you have stupidly loyal support, so why not sadistically rub people's faces in it?  They deserve it for being such morons.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Colin Kapernick benches self for National Anthem - Nately120 - 09-01-2016, 08:01 PM