Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Politico, giving Trump some props
(07-06-2015, 06:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote:   And, technically, every person that crosses the boarder without following the proper protocol is, in fact, a criminal.

So are, I would guess, the overwhelming majority of drivers, taxpayers and employed people. Most of us on a given day break a tax law, the speed limit, shave the time clock or use employer resources for our own benefit, from personal long distance calls to grabbing a fry out of the basket. They all have the same horrible consequences of someone coming here illegally... not much, directly. 

Sure, there are specific cases where the opposite is true. Once every few months I get contacted by someone or read a story where an individual was in a wreck with an illegal, or robbed, or something else. Which are a very small number when painting the broad number of criminals who are here illegally because, for many of them, decades ago we stopped funding immigration controls. We allowed this problem to become one because we elected people were more elected about getting reelected than taking care of the problem, the answered donor concerns without caring about the long-term problem.

Just like every time I climb in a vehicle and set the the cruise control at 9 mph above the legal limit, these people are consciously breaking the law. The difference is, the law was broken a long time ago by lawmakers.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Politico, giving Trump some props - Benton - 07-06-2015, 09:25 PM