Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm so ***** sick of Boomer Esiason
(09-07-2016, 05:19 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Idk man. Better than Brady? Rodgers? I think saying Ben is better than those 2 is homerism. Ben has always been considered top 5ish, but I've never seen anyone outside of Bradshaw say he's for sure the best. Personally, I'd put him behind Brees as well, who has put up some of the best passing numbers in NFL history to go along with his ring.

Ben had 21 TDs to 16 INTs last year. Ranked 11th in passer rating. Has averaged 3582 yards and 22.7 TDs per season for his career. Good numbers for the most part, but he hasn't had many "elite" seasons, including last year. 1 playoff win (handed to him) over the last 5 years. Hasn't won diddly squat since Lebeau and that elite defense went away. Played like crap in his Super Bowls. I'm not saying he sucks, but you never hear any of this from the media while they're slobbering over him over the last 2 years. I just read a CBS article where they said Bradshaw was right, then they cherry picked stats (including ESPN's QBR), and conveniently left out his TD/INTs and passer rating.

I don't think there's any argument to be made whatsoever that Ben is better than Brady. So definitely some homerism (or stupidity - it is Bradshaw) there. I guess you could make an argument that Ben is 2nd, but I think 99% of the country would take Rodgers. I'd take Brees 3rd, but at this point I think people might be more split on that one. Brees put up better numbers over the last 2 years (and pretty much throughout their careers), but he doesn't have Ben's run game and he also has the worst defense in the NFL, so he's not winning.

I personally would put him behind both Brady and Rodgers.  I was just saying that it is possible to make the argument for him.  It's not like Jim Kelly came out and said Tyrod Taylor is the best quarterback in the NFL.  To me, that would be "blind homerism".  I would put Brees and Roethlisburger right there, sort of 3A and 3B, but Pittsburgh has much better weapons than New Orleans.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm so ***** sick of Boomer Esiason - OrlandoBengal - 09-08-2016, 01:33 PM