Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm so ***** sick of Boomer Esiason
(09-08-2016, 06:43 PM)PlayerFormerlyKnownAsMousecop Wrote: Listen, I don't think anyone is saying the Bengals didn't do some stupid shit to blow that game at the end. Burfict running into the tunnel was comical, as Pittsburgh had plenty of time on the clock to come back and win the thing. We quite simply looked like we weren't ready to end the playoff drought. We "over-celebrated" in a way. 

But this thread is about Boomer and his position on the national stage. If Boomer really supports the Bengals, and isn't just giving lip service to a team that he secretly despises due to long-standing grudges and issues with the Brown family, then he needs to suck it up, and play the homer every once in awhile.

I have seen him commend the team when we were playing well the past couple of years. That's not what I'm talking about.

There seems to be this issue with a certain segment of the Bengals fan population: Some of you are so traumatized by the way this organization WAS that you can't look at it for what it IS.

Playoff success notwithstanding, this has been one of the best teams in the NFL in the past 5 or 6 years.

That playoff game was bogus. Any "fan" attempting to write it off as another "same ole' Bungles" isn't really a fan if you ask me. Sometimes (especially if you have a national audience), you have to support your team when shit gets rough, even if they're not totally in the right. I agree that the Bengals had a hand in imploding during that playoff game. But I also acknowledge that the Pittsburgh Steelers have a history of bending the rules and playing dirty, particularly against our team (the Huber hit, the Rivers hit, etc). Eventually, the picked on kid was GOING to hit back. It was simply a matter of time. To blame the kid for retaliating simply doesn't give due credit to the deterministic nature of things in this world. 

Pittsburgh gets away with this shit because of their fanbase. In fact, they're ENCOURAGED to do it because deep down, everybody knows that a "hard hitting" Steelers football team is good for publicity.

A hard-hitting Bengals team isn't. Not yet at least. I can't see how anybody not acknowledging that can call themselves a Bengals fan.

If you supported this team throughout the 90s, then no one can say a damn word about your "fandom".....ijs.

That said, I agree about that game and the Stoolers.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm so ***** sick of Boomer Esiason - Wyche'sWarrior - 09-09-2016, 09:26 AM