Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I Would Like to Talk (Civilly) About the Generalization of "White People"
(09-26-2016, 12:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I'll bet if a "good Muslim" or "good black person" wrote something like this a lot of people would be claiming that he should be doing something to stop the "bad Muslims" or "bad black people".  But none of the "good white people" ever get ripped for not stopping the "bad white people" from being racists.

This country still has plenty of institutional and individual racism by white people.  When this is pointed out to white people their response is always "but that is not me", and they never take any steps to stop the racism.

So if you are one of those white people who criticizes blacks for not addressing the problems in the black culture or who criticizes Muslims for not addressing the problems in radical Muslim culture then you need to start explaining what steps you are taking to address the issue of racism in white culture.

This is a good point. There is often an expectation from some within other communities for groups to self police. "Muslims should be fighting against radical Islam" or "Black people need to be more concerned about black on black crime". 

If we accept institutionalized racism within a society in which white people are the majority, those who argue the first point of self policing should be accepting the same. At the same time, those arguing the first usually don't accept institutionalized racism as being a thing. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Would Like to Talk (Civilly) About the Generalization of "White People" - BmorePat87 - 09-26-2016, 01:17 PM