Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The great Kansas experiment continues...
(09-29-2016, 10:07 AM)samhain Wrote: This is what I fear will happen here in Kentucky if Matt Bevin succeeds in getting his policies though.  He's a carbon-copy of Brownback in almost every way.  To make things worse, he's a carpetbagger from the Northeast.  He'll tear shit up and hit the road when he's done with his middle finger in the air.  He's already had two judges smack down budget policies over the course of the last week.

Fortunately for us, I doubt he'll have as easy of a time getting re-elected as Brownback.  Kentucky surprisingly doesn't elect that many Republican governors.  This guy got in because voter turnout was ridiculously low with the exception of evangelicals who got rewarded for actually participating in the election.

OT a bit, but I will say at least the guy gives you something to talk about. From taking a political opponents' mother's name off a building just to mess with him, to making videos inside the legislature about lawmakers taking time off (of course, he had to wait until they weren't convened to make the video). The next few years are going to be spent with people shaking their heads a lot.

I am kind of curious to see what he hangs his next campaign on, though. Unless there's a major turnover with the reps (which isn't likely), he's not getting right-to-work through, which is where a lot of his monetary support came from. Throwing money at ark park will be a mix. Getting troopers raises was good, but it won't be enough, especially not after cutting education funding.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The great Kansas experiment continues... - Benton - 09-29-2016, 11:21 AM