Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The great Kansas experiment continues...
(10-02-2016, 12:54 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: And in places where Dems have the most power things are just as shitty. It's almost as if our government was designed to work on a system of checks and balances... Mellow

(10-02-2016, 12:58 PM)GMDino Wrote: Checks and balances don't mean crap when one side or the other refuses to compromise on anything at all.

(10-02-2016, 01:01 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Fair enough. The biggest problem with our government right now is the lack of compromise from both sides. 

(10-02-2016, 01:09 PM)GMDino Wrote: Agreed.

It's one of the interesting things to me. Politics really is just governance. One textbook definition talks about decisions being made about how people are going to live together. Somewhere along the way, politics is a word that has taken on a whole other connotation. I know I am guilty of saying I don't want politicians, I want statesmen. But when did the concept of politics move from being just about governance to being more about the parties and getting reelected? I mean, what has occurred, at least in our country, is that to the general public that is what they think politics is. It's a sad state of affairs.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: The great Kansas experiment continues... - Belsnickel - 10-03-2016, 10:15 PM