Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wisconsin Is Systematically Failing to Provide the Photo IDs Required to Vote in Nov
(10-04-2016, 02:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hell, being poor is a bigger burden than being rich, but just because I take 1% from each doesn't mean someone is being treated unfairly and as I said, the ID will not be "free" just because the one getting it doesn't have to pay for it.

Nothing is free, but in the minds of many people if they do not have to pay for it directly then it is free. Some people understand this, some people don't. Either way, the viewpoint of the law is that if they don't have to directly pay for it, then it is free and if it is free it is not a substantial burden to voting. If it is not free, then it could be considered to be a burden to voting and therefore a violation of the law.

Your problem is with the court ruling and the interpretations since, not with me.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wisconsin Is Systematically Failing to Provide the Photo IDs Required to Vote in Nov - Belsnickel - 10-04-2016, 02:23 PM