Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wisconsin Is Systematically Failing to Provide the Photo IDs Required to Vote in Nov
(10-05-2016, 09:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 1. Oh, I didn't realize you were serious when you compared a civilian's right to bear arms to the Military. My apologies, please understand it was not a reading comprehension issue on my part.  

2. And the government does not charge you for voting, you just need to obtain the required equipment to exercise the right.. Have zero idea the relevance of the second part

3. But both are paid for by private citizens. Seems you're focusing on the dealer and not the source

4. If you say so

So you do not want to use your tax dollars to help private citizens exercise their right to bear arms, but you are OK with using them for exercising their tight to vote. 

1. Well, that is the only liberty the 2A was interpreted to guarantee for over 200 years. Been less than a decade since private ownership was added by the courts.

2. If you have to purchase an ID from the government in order to vote, then yes, they are charging you to vote.

3. Doesn't matter who is paying it, matters who is charging it.

4. Glad you're getting it.

As to your last comment, no, that is not an accurate representation of my position.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wisconsin Is Systematically Failing to Provide the Photo IDs Required to Vote in Nov - Belsnickel - 10-05-2016, 10:05 PM