Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Politico, giving Trump some props
(07-12-2015, 08:30 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Recent enough for what?

I think why most of us aren't attacking the illegal immigration issue when faced with these things is because we haven't been given any evidence they are more likely to commit these sorts of acts than anyone else. For every one story I hear about this sort of thing from an illegal immigrant I can point to 10-20 in my state alone from legal residents.

Kind of like the one thread you posted about, essentially, media sensationalism, this is another product of that.

The "recent enough" remark, was intended toward GMDino, as he chastised me for using a 4 year old story, earlier.  Anyway..

My entire point of perpetuating this essentially useless thread, is simply to show that Trump does have a point about illegal immigration being a problem in the US, he is striking a nerve in some folks that the government and the media has conditioned them to think that it is somehow wrong to be upset about illegals being here, in the first place.  As I've said before, I'm not a Trump supporter, and most likely will not vote for him in the primary.  However, I do admire his boldness to say things and draw attention to an issue that really is important to the "silent majority", come whatever hell the media and politicians want to unleash toward him for it. 

Folks may be getting aggravated because I keep bombarding this thread with article after article, and I am fine with that.  I'm only attempting to show that Trump is continuing to gain attention, rather than shrinking from the negative publicity attempts.  And, personally, I feel that if there is a population of illegals that number equal to or greater than 5% of the American population, living in this country, that is a problem, on many fronts.  A 5% overburden, in a Nation already debt ridden, is huge.  It's about time that someone brought it to the attention of the average "Joe American".
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23

Messages In This Thread
RE: Politico, giving Trump some props - SunsetBengal - 07-12-2015, 08:51 PM