Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Politico, giving Trump some props
(07-12-2015, 09:09 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: From what I am seeing, Trump is not catching flak for speaking about the issues of illegal immigration. He is catching flak because he made remarks that were overly broad and labelled them all with negative, prejudicial stereotypes and did not specify illegal immigrants (IIRC) in his original statement, which is problematic in and of itself.

When we talk about media focusing on the wrong things, what we are seeing from the defenders of Trump is them focusing on the wrong thing and creating a straw man argument. For years there have been politicians,primarily from the right but some also from the left, bringing up the issues with illegal immigration. Trump's comments were merely inaccurate and offensive, and not just to illegal immigrants, but to many people from Latin America.

The way I understood it, when I listened to the part of his campaign speech that has caused all the stir, he was speaking specifically about illegal immigrants.  I will re-listen, just to make sure.

While he did not specifically state "illegals", I was able to easily infer, after he did say he spoke with boarder guards, that he did mean illegal immigrants.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23

Messages In This Thread
RE: Politico, giving Trump some props - SunsetBengal - 07-12-2015, 09:19 PM