Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maualuga (leg) not expected to play Monday
(11-11-2016, 01:04 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not true. We took David Pollack, Odell Thurman, Keith Rivers, Rey Maualuga, all in the 1st or 2nd round of the draft. And Burfict would have been a first rounder if not for his issues. 

So they've used only 4 of 30+ premium picks on the position? None in over 7 years? It was stated that the Bengals "don't put a premium" on the position. I'm not sure how your evidence disproves that statement.

(11-11-2016, 02:46 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I doubt they draft a 1st Round LB. You can sign a LB for $3-5 million in free agency. They tend to draft positions that cost $8-12 million in free agency so they get 5 years of cheap labor from that position.

Bingo. Honestly, I think it's a solid strategy overall, but they should be willing to stray for the right player at a position that needs help. We could obviously use some infusion of young talent at LB.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Maualuga (leg) not expected to play Monday - Shake n Blake - 11-12-2016, 12:21 PM