Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maualuga (leg) not expected to play Monday
(11-12-2016, 03:51 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: It would be. Maualuga needs to go, Dansby isn't doing well. Burfict is the only guy I can personally say I want him to stay.

Also, I'm very disappointed in Jim Haslett this season. Every linebacker the Bengals have has taken a huge step backwards.

Maualuga has just looked dreadful. Dansby is being put in man coverage while he's a zone coverage linebacker. Burfict has looked slow and doesn't seem to be doing well.

Even look at Dawson. Last preseason he was amazing and stood out. This year? He didn't do much and seemed out of it.

Hasn't all our starters, too? Maualuga and Burfict were apparently out of shape, and it's showing. Dawson apparently was late to some meetings. It's almost as if there's no accountability nor fire within this corp anymore. It just seems nonchalant.

Haslett deserves a lot of blame, because two promising linebackers (Burfict and Dawson) and two veteran linebackers (Dansby and Maualuga) have been the weakest part of our team and have struggled this entire offseason and season.

Not every LB.  The ML way is that younger LB's typically are not going to see the field on defense that much.  It could be argued that if he would loosen his stance some, that we might see what these younger LB's can do.   At this point, I would have to say that Vigil, Flowers and Roach would offer more Athleticism and energy than Dansby and Mau.  Dawson is a good athlete as well, but he just hasn't adjusted to playing in the NFL, at least not in the Bengals system.  Roach has been referred to as Tackling Machine by sports writers, but the FO is big on Drafted Players, so he gets regulated down in the pecking order.   Something has to change with the Bengals, so make it happen if they want to salvage this season.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Maualuga (leg) not expected to play Monday - SFmajor - 11-14-2016, 01:26 PM