Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maualuga (leg) not expected to play Monday
(11-12-2016, 11:25 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: I think you guys might be on to something here.

Pure supposition on my part, but what if "doing something stupid" resulted in a big gash in his thigh (which I believe is where they said the issue is) which required some stitches.  There is a lot of stretching of the skin in motion, so that could cause him to be unable to  perform much aerobic activity and get out of shape while it heals.  If he finally said "hell with it" in camp and it wasn't fully healed, there is a chance that infection or scar tissue could have gotten in there, causing further issues.  So he gets it addressed over the bye week, and now the doc says it might be a few weeks or more for it to heal properly.  Now he is back to no activity and getting out of shape.  That would lead to the team making the statement about possibly shutting him down for the remainder, as once healed it may take him to long to get back into playing shape.

Naw, he's listed as a "fibula" issue. I suspect he has a hairline fracture that has not healed....
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Maualuga (leg) not expected to play Monday - Sled21 - 11-14-2016, 02:38 PM