Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I believe AJ Green just called out the Offensive Line.....
(11-15-2016, 07:58 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: You're also excluding Burkhead and Dalton. In which, Dalton has 129 rushing yards through those 8 games. That's 8th among all QBs. More yards than Doug Martin, with 11 less carries.

But the Browns aren't "Just the Browns".

They held West, Blount, Ajayi under 43 yards (Ajayi and Blount to under 40). Held Murray and West to 65. Elliot didn't even get 100 yards on them.

Outside of the Bengals, they only allowed one 100 yard rusher this season (Matt Jones).

So the Browns numbers would look better, but you have to include running QBs and other RBs and WRs.

First off, none of that post changes the fact that outside of one game against the worst team in the NFL, they haven't been able to run the football. That said, here's the numbers you requested.

Including Burkhead and Dalton...

Vs Browns: 30 carries, 271 yards (9.03 YPC), 2 TD
Vs 8 Others: 209 carries, 766 yards (3.67 YPC), 8 TD

Really not a huge change from my first post. Still puts the Bengals at 27th in YPC once you remove the Browns aberration.

- - - - - - - - - -

As for your attempted defense of the Browns...

-Jay Ajayi was a backup when they played the Browns and got 7 carries at 4.0 YPC and a TD.
-Stopping Terrance West is something to be proud of now? Dude has never had a season of 4.0 YPC or higher in his career. He's kind of turrible.
-Blount is averaging 3.7 YPC this year. He's not exactly tearing it up either, outside of short yardage TDs.
-The Cowboys were leading the Browns 35-10 in the third quarter, so they pulled Eliott to try to keep his legs fresh for the end of the season. He had 18 carries at 5.1 a carry, and 2 TDs that game.

-I will give you Murray, though. They did manage to do a good job against him.

Here's something you forgot to mention though... Cleveland is 31st in rushing defense, 27th in rushing YPC allowed, 28th-t in rushing TDs allowed.

That is why the Browns are the Browns and why the Bengals looked so good against them.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I believe AJ Green just called out the Offensive Line..... - TheLeonardLeap - 11-15-2016, 09:39 PM