Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I believe AJ Green just called out the Offensive Line.....
(11-17-2016, 09:29 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I believe the opposite.  You can run out of this formation very well.  You can send as many as as four receivers in a pattern.

If you line AJ wide, but off the LOS so he isn't covering up the TE...say, Kroft, on the right side of the LOS, with Eifert on the other side also not covering up Uzomah on the left side of the LOS and you have Gio/Hill in the backfield.  You have extra blockers if you want to run that the defense must still account for going out in a pattern. The RBs can go in motion as well.  Your receivers at (or near) the LOS go 6'4", 6'5", 6'6", and 6'6".  

Plus, you can go no-huddle without changing personnel, which would allow the defense to substitute.  

I don't mean to say that they play 100% of their formations with 3 TEs, but it would give a boost to the running game, which every defense not named Cleveland knows exactly when a run is coming, by being less predictable and also gives Dalton some big targets that DBs will not like trying to tackle.  

Honestly, I think the issue is Zamps lack of commitment to the run game. Getting the big willies off the ball and aggressive is pretty important. Plus it slows down those pass rushers. I would rather him do this first then start to add a TE or two more consistently.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I believe AJ Green just called out the Offensive Line..... - Hoofhearted - 11-17-2016, 11:26 AM