Poll: Quick rebound or lengthy rebuild?
This poll is closed.
We can rebound quickly with smart moves in draft/FA, plus some coaching changes
78.43%
40 78.43%
It's going to be a long 3+ year rebuilding process to get this team back to contender status
21.57%
11 21.57%
Total 51 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blow it up? Or go for a quick rebound?
(12-01-2016, 07:46 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: @Thundercloud: Thanks. I'm torn on Whit. He hasn't fallen off yet, but he's 35. Better to let go too soon than too late. Plus great tackle prospects usually get plucked early. I look at Dallas and I want that.

That said, signing Whit would allow us to draft a different need and push back tackle another year...but we may not have a top pick to look for a top tackle prospect then. There's definitely multiple ways to approach the coming draft.

All of this is moot if Whit hangs it up though. We'd definitely need a tackle at that point.

Keeping Whit isn't always a bad thing.  Besides, he being a 2nd round guy proves that you don't always need to spend a top pick on a Stud OT.  They turn up, every year.  Guys that somehow slid down the draft chart, that turn out to be tremendous pros.  Granted, our scouting dept. is a bit lacking, but it isn't too tough to find and spotlight guys that fit into what your team is wanting to accomplish.  PA getting out of the picture would be a great move, in that direction.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Blow it up? Or go for a quick rebound? - SunsetBengal - 12-01-2016, 09:29 PM