Poll: Quick rebound or lengthy rebuild?
This poll is closed.
We can rebound quickly with smart moves in draft/FA, plus some coaching changes
78.43%
40 78.43%
It's going to be a long 3+ year rebuilding process to get this team back to contender status
21.57%
11 21.57%
Total 51 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blow it up? Or go for a quick rebound?
I think the core of a very good team is already here. I would have no intention of blowing it up. However, the current coaching staff has been tuned out to the point where they are not getting the maximum out of their talent. Not even close.

I would say that an infusion of youth (and talent) at the RDE position and LB position combined with a more in-the-box utilization of our safeties and man coverage with our CBs (Hell, you use first rounders every time on them for a reason) would help this team become what it once was....a Top 5 defense.

The offense needs that other vertical weapon to help free up the underneath, and I think Terrelle Pryor is a PERFECT fit for that. Draft a Center, a RB, another Guard, and keep Whit at least one more year at LT before moving him to G, and with a bit more creativity on offense (move the (&%^$# pocket so Dalton isn't a sitting duck) and they can be very, very good. They are only really missing a couple pieces here. I would look at Westerman at G before the season is over to evaluate him as a possible Zeitler replacement. I don't see him being retained.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Blow it up? Or go for a quick rebound? - SHRacerX - 12-02-2016, 09:40 AM