Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seattle and the minimum wage increase
(07-21-2015, 10:42 AM)GMDino Wrote: So you have to support your family with two (or three) jobs until you die.

If you've not climbed the employment ladder by the time you die, that's your fault, IMO.

My first job was working at McDonald's for $3.15 an hour (minimum wage). I worked at McDonald's off and on for 3 more years. That was the last time I worked a minimum wage job. I went to college (but didn't graduate) and I ended up getting a degree from a business school (twice; 2 degrees from 2 different schools). And now I make about $5 / hour more than CT's minimum wage. And, I'm in a job that you don't go in for the money (people in my position typically don't make much but we know this going in).

While I pride myself on my intelligence (shut up, SCS), how I reached where I'm at didn't really take any special circumstances or special upbringing or skin color or anything like that. All it took was the desire and will to go out and get a better job. It may and most likely will take some time, but unless you WANT to work minimum wage and/or 3 jobs until you die, that's a small price to pay.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Seattle and the minimum wage increase - PhilHos - 07-21-2015, 01:31 PM