Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Truth about Oil Shales......
(01-06-2017, 01:41 PM)Stewy Wrote: The best example is Natural Gas powered vehicles.  A small percentage of trucks (pickups not diesel engines) used in Oil and Gas fields over the last two decades have been powered by Natural Gas.  You may have seen them in Appalachia working the gas fields.  These are not more common for two very simple reasons;  1)  The tanks on the vehicles have to be pressurized, thus they are dangerous, and can only be of a certain size, thus their range is limited and 2)  Due to the small number of vehicles on the road service stations won't install the infrastructure to supply Natural Gas vehicles.  It requires a special pump and special pressurized storage.  The gas producing company has to do a deal with the service station to get the infrastructure installed, so the producing company can supply their vehicles.

There are a few guys, in my area, that purchased a pump to compress NG.
There are oil wells on their property and they get free NG.
I think they paid about $6,000 for a pump.

It's beneficial for them, but have the same restrictions you mentioned (distance, ect).

One guy has a map of commercial and private pumping stations.
I suppose there's websites to share this info.
He goes across several states.
That would be a bit tough to plan, as I think most are lucky to get 200 miles/fill-up.

Messages In This Thread
Some Truth about Oil Shales...... - Stewy - 12-29-2016, 03:09 AM
RE: Some Truth about Oil Shales...... - Rotobeast - 01-06-2017, 02:00 PM