Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
A.J McCarron...can he be a franchise qb?
(01-17-2017, 01:46 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Is McCarron a good backup? I think so. Could he be a serviceable starter over the long haul? Maybe...

Franchise QB? I seriously doubt it. One team offering a 2nd and 4th doesn't mean much. Look at Matt Cassel, Kevin Kolb, Matt Flynn, Brock Osweiler and countless other scrubs that teams overpaid for based on a small sample of solid games. Tbh, I'm starting to have my doubts that McCarron will be traded at all, and if he is, it might be for less than the one offer we've heard about. There's more hype around Garrappolo now, and you also have Romo, Cutler and a few other viable starting options available. That's not even counting the draft.

I do think Mac will get an opportunity somewhere, but I'd say it's far more likely he plays like Osweiler than Brady. Being along the ride for Alabama's championships means nothing when you can't read an NFL zone defense. As for Mac being a big game QB....he's 0-2 in big games at the NFL level. Terrible in the playoff game and terrible in the 2nd half and OT of the Broncos game...once they switched to zone.

McCarron is the darling of the anti-Andy people. I SERIOUSLY doubt anyone has made any real trade offers for him McAllister notwithstanding. And Shake you noted very correctly that as soon as defenses went to zone against him he looked horrible. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: A.J McCarron...can he be a franchise qb? - Joelist - 01-17-2017, 02:59 AM