Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
A.J McCarron...can he be a franchise qb?
(01-17-2017, 01:56 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Romo- Peyton was 36 with a bad neck. Your point? Romo is a fantastic QB and someone will roll the dice.
Jimmy G- I believe the Pats will want to keep him, but it's a shaky situation. Only one year on Jimmy's deal and Brady wants to keep playing. I'm sure Jimmy wants to play too.
Cutler- This guy gets knocked, but let's be real. Fitzpatrick, Osweiler, and RGIII were starters this year. Cutler will be an upgrade somewhere and will start.

I don't know about "plenty", but McCarron will have an interested team or two. Just depends on if those teams would rather go FA or draft a guy much younger than Mac with a longer (cheap) rookie contract.

With a late 1st round pick (top QBs will be gone) I guess I would see the Texans being interested. But I could also see Romo there. Jimmy G I'm sure would be preferred based on his NE connection. If those fall through, maybe they try Mac. The Browns are the only other obvious team I can think of, but they're loaded with picks and could take BPA at #1 and a QB at #12.

I even think being the next Matt Schaub is a lofty goal. Schaubby was a damn good QB for several years.

Yea it would be, but if you put him on a team with a top RB and top WR with a good offensive line and above average defense I think mccarron would be able to win majority of games (9-7 / 10-6) and accumulate good stats.  I think any decent qb could actually do that.  

I don't see the Texans doing anything at this point to upgrade at qb, they already invested a crap ton in osweiller.  They at least give it another year. 

Teams that may be looking for a qb- 

Browns- I doubt the bengals trade him within division
bills- decision to make on tyrod.  
jets- need to rebuild ground up- doubtful
Broncos- don't see anyone but Romo here
jags- will the new regime try to get something out of Bortles before giving up
Texans- should they, yea... Wil they... Doubt it
cardinals- Arians likely on hot seat.  Needs to win to keep job.  Doubt he goes with anyone but Palmer
 9ers- probably draft, but maybe trade
 bears- potentially but again probably the draft

Not sure there are all that many realistic options.  The bad teams at the top of the draft probably roll dice on the top of the qb class.  Best chance would be someone like the bills who don't want tyrod on that contract and miss out on the top qbs.  And then maybe get a 2nd round pick.   Missed oppurtunity last year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: A.J McCarron...can he be a franchise qb? - Bengalbug - 01-17-2017, 03:34 PM