Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
A.J McCarron...can he be a franchise qb?
(01-19-2017, 12:38 PM)Jpoore Wrote: yeah but that was bc the Bengals had already come out saying there was no way they were trading him multiple times. I could see Jimmy g. That's it. Hoyer has proven he can't be a starter, nobody's taking on romos contract he's never healthy anyways, Taylor just isn't a good qb  but possibly could see him as well. As far as Cutler hes a pick machine and doesn't seem to care that will turn a lot of teams off.i would say top 4 would be Jimmy g then a tie between mccarron/backup from tb, then Taylor. I see buffalo/49ers as top 2 destinations if Browns don't take him.

Idk man. Teams posture all the time, saying "we won't trade player x". If some teams out there are dying to get their hands on Mac, I don't think that would've stopped them from making a simple phone call.

If I were a fan of a QB needy team, I can say with zero doubt that I'd prefer Romo, Taylor, Cutler or Jimmy G over McCarron.    None of those guys are as bad as you make it seem. Romo has had plenty of healthy seasons and would've played this year if not for Dak. Cutler is not an INT machine and has been considered a quality starter for much of his career. Taylor is a great dual threat and an efficient passer. Jimmy G is basically McCarron with a better arm and athleticism. He's also from the team that everyone tries to emulate.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: A.J McCarron...can he be a franchise qb? - Shake n Blake - 01-19-2017, 01:03 PM