Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
A.J McCarron...can he be a franchise qb?
(01-19-2017, 01:03 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Idk man. Teams posture all the time, saying "we won't trade player x". If some teams out there are dying to get their hands on Mac, I don't think that would've stopped them from making a simple phone call.

If I were a fan of a QB needy team, I can say with zero doubt that I'd prefer Romo, Taylor, Cutler or Jimmy G over McCarron.    None of those guys are as bad as you make it seem. Romo has had plenty of healthy seasons and would've played this year if not for Dak. Cutler is not an INT machine and has been considered a quality starter for much of his career. Taylor is a great dual threat and an efficient passer. Jimmy G is basically McCarron with a better arm and athleticism. He's also from the team that everyone tries to emulate.
when I was talking about room I was talking about his contract more than anything. It's like 15 mill right? And he wasn't even healthy till week 10.  And while he has had plenty of healthy seasons the last 4 his back has been brittle. As far as Cutler I think it's more of the whole attitude problem. Look at all the teammates who have bashed him after they left. If the bills wanted to keep Taylor they would but they're not bc he's just not that good but agree to disagree on him. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: A.J McCarron...can he be a franchise qb? - Jpoore - 01-19-2017, 01:15 PM