Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
National Stats during Obama Admin
(01-17-2017, 06:54 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Pulling Troops out too early allowed ISIS to move in. We left the 2 countries relatively unprotected. 2013 is when ISIS rebranded their name, in early 2014 is when they started taking cities (1st one Fallujah).

(01-19-2017, 08:44 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: We knew they weren't ready.  Why do you think we were trying to negotiate a new status of forces agreement to delay the withdrawal of troops?  Because we knew they weren't ready.  Duh.  Now, how can you force a sovereign government to sign an agreement to maintain foreign troops in their country against their wishes?  You can't.  Obviously.

Never heard of Fallujah?

Nope, never heard of Fallujah! Sarcasm  But I'll be nice and give you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't see that I posted about Fallujah in my first post.

Yes, we were trying and both sides knew they weren't ready, but both sides also expected that some troops would be left behind to help, that was a number that was being negotiated (first 10k, then 7k, 5k, 3k then non-military to supervise the transition). Obama yanked them all out in October instead of waiting until mid-December (end of the year and timeline deadline) which would've given them more time to negotiate as well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: National Stats during Obama Admin - Mike M (the other one) - 01-20-2017, 12:27 PM