Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
National Stats during Obama Admin
(01-22-2017, 03:35 PM)Dill Wrote: Certainly, if Trump if adopts Hitler-like positions with regard to, for example, ethnic exclusion, torture and the robbing of other countries resources, you may take it as a "yes" that I would not object to Hitler analogies.

But perhaps you might also swim against the post-truth current and explain why my granting Hitler analogies would be "so sad," but not the Hitler-style policy positions?  

Pointing out that Trump has not yet gone as far as Hitler did in '42 is still not a great defense and does not obviate comparisons.

I have seen no signs that Trump intends to exclude any American citizen based on ethnicity,nor have I seen him advocating "robbing" any country.

There is one reason folks try to use the Hitler comparison  and it is because it is the most negative comparison they can come up with. To say it is merely because of policies is disingenuous and to compare any man that is in in 70s, never murdered a sole to a many, and came to power thru free election to man that was responsible for the extermination of millions, was named dictator through congressional act, and caused a world war all by his 56th birthday is sad and frankly a stance no rational American should make.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: National Stats during Obama Admin - bfine32 - 01-22-2017, 05:09 PM