Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Trumps Immigration Executive Order
(01-31-2017, 12:00 PM)djam Wrote: No its not, its called protecting our borders and our people from senseless attacks. It's a very basic form of government actually. Its one of the very first jobs they are supposed to do lol. I'm sorry that your emotions have let that become a civil rights issue for you, but thats not anyone else's fault. You can be sad over it all you want --you've obviously not traveled abroad very much. But the bottom line is that they are going to try to fix it, and we will probably, down the road of course, get a very good look at which philosophy is most effective at saving the needless loss of life. Perhaps we could revisit this topic when there is real evidence to make an actual analogy.

(01-31-2017, 12:12 PM)GMDino Wrote: His order "protects our borders" by banning people from countries that have never had a refugee attack us, but allows them from places where terrorists HAVE attacked us.

I don't believe that these refugees have "civil rights" in the US.  I just think he went too far based on some sort of misguided understanding of the world and wanting to prove his base that he is tough and a man of his word.

Sadly he didn't even do that right.

(01-31-2017, 12:32 PM)djam Wrote: Good one Katie, you really owned me. 

GMDino,
US Civil Rights is meant for its citizens. There is a legal process to become a citizen and then they can have civil rights. If one can argue that our civil rights stretches across borders to refugees form other countries, then one can argue that so can our other laws, which is total crap. There is nothing wrong with caring for those people and doing something to help them, but government taking them in via US taxpayers is flat out stupid. If you want to help, nobody is stopping you. Send some of your hard earned money to one of the very many non profits designed to help them. Nobody is stopping you. It would be very nobel actually. 

You're arguing something I never said.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trumps Immigration Executive Order - GMDino - 01-31-2017, 12:33 PM