Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Trumps Immigration Executive Order
(02-01-2017, 10:51 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Just got home from a church group and one of the other members has worked at State for 15 years. She deals with getting children here that are being adopted from other countries. Her discussing the stranded, orphaned children as a result of this was heartbreaking. She further described some of the info from cables over there, like a now stateless family from Jordan who had gone through all of the processes and turned in their Jordanian paperwork on Friday as they were going to be headed here for a better life. They had sold everything, have nothing left for them in Jordan, butbare now stranded and stateless there as a result of the EO.

A friend relayed a similar story about a family her temple is sponsoring. They aren't from one of the 7 countries on the list, but they are not allowed to come right now because they are refugees. So, even the 90,000 number Dino cited is an underestimate. I wonder if with all the money Trump is saving from eliminating useless government he is going to have someone redo the Statue of Liberty? The inscription at the bottom can read, "Piss off! I got mine!" and the torch in her hand replaced with a singular extended finger with a Tiffany ring on it.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trumps Immigration Executive Order - xxlt - 02-02-2017, 05:24 AM