Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Trumps Immigration Executive Order
(02-04-2017, 02:23 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Understood, but,respectfully, you're making a political argument, not a legal one.  As for stop the public outcry, that's not possible.  If Trump fulfills any campaign promise there will be public outcry.  People have whipped themselves into a hysterical froth.  You'll note I do a lot of countering arguments around here lately but not a lot of supporting Trump?  That's because I don't, largely, support his actions.  What I do not like, and never will, is hysteria, hyperbole and arguments based on false information, deliberately or otherwise.  This country has become a hotbed for all of these.

He does.  Not working with judges you are apparently unaware of the fact that many, if not most, let the personal opinions bleed into their decisions.  For example, if we have a case go before Judge A, I can tell you that the defendant will likely get probation.  If the exact same case goes before Judge B then I can tell you that the defendant will get a long state prison term.  Know your judges is one of the first things I teach my subordinates because what will fly in one judge's courtroom will get you pilloried in another.

This specific incident is an outstanding case of judge shopping.  It was no accident that this case was filed in a particular area so as to get a particular judge.  Do a little research to find out why.  

Thanks for the respect, but I do believe my argument is a legal one. This president has put forth something that has raised serious constitutional issues. Is he above the law that allows him to do that? EOs must survive a legal vetting process. I don't believe this is a political viewpoint. Not for a second.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trumps Immigration Executive Order - wildcats forever - 02-04-2017, 02:37 PM