Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Trumps Immigration Executive Order
(02-04-2017, 02:41 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Precedent has been firmly set that the POTUS has broad discretion in controlling who can and cannot enter the United States.  This EO is not breaking new ground in that regard, beyond the initial interpretation that it affected permanent aliens and green card holders, which is no longer enforced.  

Which goes directly to my point. This, which is no longer being enforced, should not have been an issue, had the president taken the time to ensure he was not issuing something that needed to be corrected. That is/was my single/simple point. No need to politicize it, as it was never my thought on the subject.

Believe it or not, I acknowledge Trump as my president too. And I want him to be one that leads within our laws. Every one of them. Add me to the list of those who abhor the hysteria and sensationalism we're seeing. The list of important issues needing responsible attention is way too long to allow these distractions betray the needs of every citizen. It is not my desire to criticize who supported whom, as we are here, as in now. What each of us do from this point forward may form a decisive point in history. I see the words and actions of all of us to be very significant in terms of what kind of world our children inherit.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trumps Immigration Executive Order - wildcats forever - 02-04-2017, 02:59 PM