Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So Rob Portman voted to confirm Betsy DeVos
(02-07-2017, 09:51 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: Thoughts? I've heard she was like his 4th largest donor during his last campaign for re-election. Between personal and SuperPac donations, Portman's campaign got something like $58,500 from DeVos. Of course, he likely still would have voted for her. Personally, even if you are religious I think this should concern most people, especially if you have kids.

I saw his facebook post about it. He basically said she was qualified because her mom was a teacher... lol

The reality is, despite many of these GOP senators who got tens of thousands from her and her family saying she is qualified, none could point to anything that truly makes her qualified. 

(02-07-2017, 09:57 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: No matter who they picked for education, they would have sucked. Regardless of which party, they would have chosen someone rich who either doesn't have kids, or whose kids will never see the insides of a public school in their life.

I disagree. Trump spoke with Michelle Rhee following the election. Like past Secretaries, she would have been selected for her experience, not for her money. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: So Rob Portman voted to confirm Betsy DeVos - BmorePat87 - 02-09-2017, 10:28 AM