Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So Rob Portman voted to confirm Betsy DeVos
(02-07-2017, 09:51 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: Thoughts? I've heard she was like his 4th largest donor during his last campaign for re-election. Between personal and SuperPac donations, Portman's campaign got something like $58,500 from DeVos. Of course, he likely still would have voted for her. Personally, even if you are religious I think this should concern most people, especially if you have kids.

What more do you need to know about Portman? Your post is spot on. He is morally bankrupt. His vote is for sale. And, even if you don't buy it, he will vote for an incompetent person who is a threat to the children of America because, well, he's a Republican and not a man of principle. But, in this case, he didn't just prove he doesn't care about the people of Ohio, he proved he got paid to throw them under the school bus. 

But, (and this is not directed at BoomerFan) if you're a good Republican, he's got your vote next time around because, well, America! 
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.

Messages In This Thread
RE: So Rob Portman voted to confirm Betsy DeVos - xxlt - 02-09-2017, 03:59 PM