Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So Rob Portman voted to confirm Betsy DeVos
(02-09-2017, 08:11 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Like I said, if you don't think measurable growth in our nation is good enough and is just "status quo", I can see how someone with no experience is an acceptable choice. 

I'm just confused why you asked at least 6 times on the first two pages what qualifications the Sec of Edu should have and as soon as someone in education gave you a decent list based on the role of the department and the past secretaries, you're now trying to downplay this and keep suggesting there are no real qualifications. Is it because you're being challenged by someone who knows what they're talking about or were you just asking a trick questions all those times you asked for it?

And as I've said: If you think improving be measuring with our own yardstick, while falling behind in the global measurement is improvement. I can see how someone with the traditional experience is the "qualified" choice.

Not sure as to the source of your confusion as I acknowledged your list of qualifications and pointed to Devos' parallel qualifications; perhaps you are just "downplaying" her qualifications.

I do not fear "being challenged by someone who knows what they're talking about", nor have I presented trick questions. I've simply tried to illustrate there may be other approaches as opposed to the traditional one. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: So Rob Portman voted to confirm Betsy DeVos - bfine32 - 02-09-2017, 09:58 PM