Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So Rob Portman voted to confirm Betsy DeVos
(02-09-2017, 07:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: IDK, I'd have to see how we compared globally and if we considered "slipping" fewer folks enrolling in college. But fewer folks in college very well could; as going to college has just become "a thing".

I did see you went with the answer a question with a question approach; but I answered yours.

I dont see much beneficial between a back and forth on this. Stats across the board have improved in the relatively short time we've adopted the model that made other countries successful, something you seem to value. But I will clarify that I'm not referring to just universities when I say increased enrollment in college is up, I'm also referring technical schools. Getting students ready for what comes next isn't just about getting a BA or a bs. A lot of times its teaching the fundamentals that will help them get an apprenticeship or a technical job.

us schools have come a long way in the last decade about improving college and career readiness. Its disappointing that the "blow it up" approach is probably going to derail that as there's going to be fewer resources to get kids into not just universities, but schools that give them a trade.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: So Rob Portman voted to confirm Betsy DeVos - Benton - 02-09-2017, 11:56 PM