Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Broncos expected to go after Whitworth
(02-22-2017, 05:19 PM)samhain Wrote: There's zero reason at all not to sign him.  Zero.  Especially if we are to believe that they are punting on Zeitler before the FA period even starts.  They are absolutely not cash strapped in any way.  They will not allocate any money to big contracts for outside free agents.  Anything short of signing 2 of the big 3 is unacceptable IMO.  

That said, they'll probably take up the money extending Maualuga, re-signing Peko to a 4-year deal, and giving Bodine a 5-year 30 million dollar extension.  DOn't forget Hill, either, lol.

Completely agree with your first paragraph, that is spot on.

I doubt they do what you said in the 2nd paragraph. Like i said, we have seen ineptness in the past out of the FO
but that would be frickin' nutz. We don't go that far. This Offseason has scared me though, after a season like we
just had they should of atleast replaced the O-line coach. He was the main reason we sucked last year.

Like others have said PA must have a life-time agreement with MB or something.

Anywhere else an O-line coach that did what he just did would be gone.

(02-22-2017, 05:25 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I'm really not worried about it.  He said on his interview that he was talking to the Bengals and the goal was to finish his career here.

The only way he leaves is if they low ball the shit out of him and I can't see them doing that.  If they offer him a 1 year $10 million dollar type deal, he's going to stay put.

He's got a family and I'm pretty sure the last thing he wants to do is uproot everyone and move just for an extra million dollars.  I truly believe he wants to finish his career as a Bengal.

Hope you are right man.

(02-22-2017, 05:30 PM)Wyche Wrote: I agree with the money part, except I wouldn't be shocked at a lowball offer, but if the man gets a shot to play with a legit contender, he might be inclined to rent a condo somewhere for a couple years during the season.

I would be a little shocked with a lowball offer, Whit is the one guy that could hold this team together but we need
to reassure the guy by atleast showing we want to win it all. He might be too smart though and see right through it.

LOL.

Sure would be hard for me to believe that this Owner on down want to win it all. Mellow
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Broncos expected to go after Whitworth - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 02-22-2017, 05:51 PM