Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hobson - only $15 million of cap to work with?
(02-28-2017, 12:40 PM)Au165 Wrote: Okay, but if every year he does his math (and you don't believe him) and every year we end up close to being even with cap where is the disconnect? The money isn't vanishing, it is getting spent, so then what did he lie about? I agree we could do better jobs at freeing cap, or doing an occasional restructure, but the free cap gets spent.

Yep, agreed.

Look, I am the furthest thing from a qualified "Salary Cap Analyst" or anything resembling one, but the money is being utilized.  I understand the frustration in seeing the $15 million number being thrown around, especially when talking about resigning some of our core guys, but so many factors are to be considered when spending available cap space that is allocated each off-season.  

Do I think the Bengals are among the league's best when it comes to salary cap management?  Nope.  But to say things like "the Bengals work with a different cap than 31 other teams" or Mike Brown is just being downright lazy in cap spending is, in my opinion, a bit ridiculous.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hobson - only $15 million of cap to work with? - JumboTron - 02-28-2017, 12:59 PM