Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hobson - only $15 million of cap to work with?
(02-28-2017, 04:46 PM)Au165 Wrote: ...then back to my other point that really wasn't even the point of the thread. If they didn't offer him the same money they made the right call not overpaying him and found an equal option for far less money. Luck or not, looking back we came out on the right side of the whole exchange.

The thread is about Hobson's "creative accounting". I have show that it's not that creative compared to what the Bengals have done. Even if you want to point to the 5-8 million left at the end of the years they rolled over, they have still spent the league average or so and have spent far more than most will admit. As I pointed out 5 teams in the playoffs last year spent more than us, the rest spent less.

We could have a whole other thread, which we have many times, regarding the decisions themselves. I don't think all decisions made have been great, but I do think in the last 5 years they have committed financially to being competitive.

Again, what is the cumulative affect of not spending $7-8 million every year? Say over the last 4 years?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hobson - only $15 million of cap to work with? - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 02-28-2017, 05:04 PM