Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump passes blame for Yemen raid to his generals: ‘They lost Ryan’
(03-01-2017, 01:32 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I would recommend reading the actual comments without the interpretation from WaPo.

He praised his Generals and to suggest that saying "They lost Ryan" as a casting of blame has never been around Military talk.

The boys went on a raid and they lost Ryan. That is to say they suffered a loss. Not that they caused it or was responsible for it.

He is not saying "They are responsible for the loss of Ryan".

Of course there will be those that consider this "defending" Trump and that's fine. I find it reprehensible that folks will manipulate these words to try to satisfy their desire to hate.

That interpretation doesn't jive with his other comments about the generals just before he said "And they lost Ryan":

Quote:"This was something that was, you know, just — they wanted to do,” Trump said. “ And they came to see me and they explained what they wanted to do, the generals, who are very respected.” “And they lost Ryan,” Trump continued.

He appears to be saying, "My generals wanted to do this thing and they lost Ryan."

If that was not what he intended to say, perhaps he should think more carefully before he speaks.

Or maybe that was what he intended to say.... 
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump passes blame for Yemen raid to his generals: ‘They lost Ryan’ - Bengalzona - 03-01-2017, 08:25 AM