Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hobson - only $15 million of cap to work with?
(03-01-2017, 01:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't see your point.  Everything I said was true.  The reason the amount that is rolled over decreases is because the Bengals spend over the league cap.  They would not have been able to spend as much as they did the last two years without rolling over cap space.

The amount decreased from $8.6 million to $6.6 million over five seasons while the cap increased by $47 million. 

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/cap/

That is a link to the Bengals cap info. I want you to total the NFL salary cap from 2012-2016, the Bengals adjusted salary cap from 2012-2016, and the Bengals total cap from 2012-2016. You should have three sums to compare. Once you're done, tell me if you notice anything. Especially the discrepancy between the Bengals adjusted salary cap and the Bengals total cap (cash spent.). Also, tell me what the trend is between the Bengals adjusted cap and total cap; increasing or decreasing. 

The Bengals are rolling over $6.6 million, but they have squandered roughly $37 million of their adjusted salary. Because the salary cap allows them to prorate the money over future years. By not paying that money to the players, where do you think it ends up? In their pockets. They're skimming. It's salary cap three card Monty. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread