Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump passes blame for Yemen raid to his generals: ‘They lost Ryan’
(03-01-2017, 10:12 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Trump's picture was in the news greeting the SEAL's casket when it arrived at Dover AFB. Did the Trump administration use it as a photo op or was the press there coincidentally to take the picture?

Yeah, I go with option a). Sure. Did Trump behave good? Nope. I'm not doubting that and I deeply dislike the man. He might be very well in bad taste either and I do not intend to defend inappropriate photo ops and whatnot. He might exploit it politically by doing that (I don't know the instance you're referring to) - as do those who criticize him for the death of a navy seal.

I don't get into the whole chain of command and responsibility thing, because I really don't know. If I were president, I'd probably go with what my generals suggest; how would I, how would Trump know more details about the mission than them. When something goes wrong, that's always a risk one has to be willing to take, but I don't know about blame or responsibility. I didn't blame Hillary for Benghazi either - or thought it was her responsibility; to personally check security at the embassy or whatever. Not the same thing, but the same principle. To me.
If he "rushed" the decision or neglected risks that were not to be neglected, if the mission was unsuccesful, unnecessary or whatever - I couldn't know. It seems speculative to assume these things. I have no reason not to believe that the generals prepared the mission before him/without him and he just gave his permission.

But I too think he could have dealt with it waaay better, no doubt. Just there are around 50 billion other worse, way more troubling things about Trump out there.

Please don't hate me :)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump passes blame for Yemen raid to his generals: ‘They lost Ryan’ - hollodero - 03-01-2017, 03:40 PM