Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump passes blame for Yemen raid to his generals: ‘They lost Ryan’
(03-01-2017, 05:16 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Yeah. I can agree that it doesn't necessarily mean he is trying to intentionally deflect. In fact, I think that it is more his background. He is a business-guy, CEO, top down type. In that context, there isn't much need for him to use a "we" type approach (although some CEO types can make that work for them). He is used to a "me" or "my way" approach. I don't fault him for that. Heck, many people voted for him specifically because of that.

I view my criticism of his wording here as constructive, something that if heard could help. Something that his advisors ought to be telling him.

I don't think, "They lost, Ryan" means Trump is blaming the generals for his death, either. I'm not sure if any one has claimed that or it's just another red herring from the Red Herring Bandit. But, when Trump mentions the generals came to him, they wanted to do it, and the planning process started before he took office; he is clearly deferring his responsibility and playing the blame game. Murphy's Law is going to affect every mission to some degree, blaming the generals and the planning process is poor leadership and an even worse team building with those generals after the first mission Trump authorized. I guarantee those generals have recognized the same and know what to expect from Trump the next time something goes wrong. 

You know those really well respected generals, the best in decades; that Trump knew more about ISIS than them just last year. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump passes blame for Yemen raid to his generals: ‘They lost Ryan’ - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 03-02-2017, 11:29 AM