Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACA/Obamacare Repeal/Replace Drama
(03-19-2017, 05:34 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: I'd get behind this in a heartbeat. In fact, I would like to participate in getting it rolling. Any ideas as to how? Do we have any Kentucky advocates in power that would support this? Alison Grimes maybe?

Obama addressed the legalizing issue in his interview with Bill Maher, where he said the difficulty for the Feds is having two sets of rules to "enforce". 80% of the states still 'oppose' legalization with the other 20% going against the Feds classification of pot. The first step is getting pot off of the schedule 1 list, which seemed inevitable until the new administration hit the scene. Just another item on the list of issues that we'll see ignored until the next changing of the guard.

No idea. I haven't really seen anyone supporting the idea, just debating whether government should pay for everyone to have cheap healthcare, or just subsidize those who already have it. I guess the reason nobody wants to touch it is insurance companies make a good chunk off charging single payers higher rates. If those single payers all came together and said "we want to pay 8% less" those companies would lose revenue.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: ACA/Obamacare Repeal/Replace Drama - Benton - 03-20-2017, 10:36 AM