Poll: What will Bengals do re: DEs in draft
every down DE in first round
every down DE after first
speed rusher after first
1 and 2
1 and 3
2 and 3
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What will Bengals do re: DE in the draft
(03-20-2017, 07:15 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Passing on Malik Hooker if he was there would be a mistake though IMO.

I really don't think the picks they have gotten have filled any real holes.

It sure would be nice to see a guy actually get on the field and make some plays for once.

I get what you're saying about it not really being a priority but a guy like Hooker could really make up for losing Nelson back there and help the young CBs as well.

(03-20-2017, 07:30 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Would be huge mistake to pass on Malik Hooker at 9.  He is the consensus #4 or #5 overall talent in this draft.  He is one of those players at his position, that only comes along once every 5-10 years.  Not because of his overwhelming speed, size or hitting ability, but his intelligence as a football player and knack for being in perfect position to make a play on the ball. This is a guy that within his second year in the league, gives your defense a new identity.

If he's still on the board at 9, that means that a few teams definitely reached for need, over best on the board.

Maybe they trade down out of that spot if someone wants him?

The Bengals and marvin do NOT place a premium on the S position. they just don't. Plus they have money tied up in two young guys long term. if Hooker comes in and starts that means the Bengals will have a 3rd string young guy being payed starters money. I just can't see it.

Hooker has also only had one year of production.

If the kid is that good, he's that good. I won't be honked off no matter who they take.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What will Bengals do re: DE in the draft - PDub80 - 03-20-2017, 07:53 PM