Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loss that hurt the most in Bengal history
(03-22-2017, 01:31 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: For me it would be the 2016 Steelers loss, hands down. I've been a fan since '93 and I've never seen a playoff win. So to go from jumping up and down in my living room, SURE that the game was clinched, to watching the Bengals choke and completely lose composure was inconceivable. It was the ultimate "Bungle", and summed up Marvin and Mike Brown's tenures perfectly. I mean, what team does that? Gets a game clinching INT, only to immediately fumble the ball on the next drive and follow that with 2 of the dumbest penalties in the history of pro sports?

For the team's entire history, I'd have to say that the '88 team losing the Super Bowl was the biggest loss. That was probably the best Bengals team of all-time, and to lose (especially in that fashion) really hurt the team. They never really recovered, then we lost Wyche and Boomer. Which ushered in the "dark ages".

I didn't jump up and down.  My feet were nailed to the floor by the feeling in the pit of my stomach.  And one question kept running through my head--How they gonna **** this up.  Seemed like it was almost too far gone to **** up.  And look how creative they got in doing so.  I was never gonna celebrate until it was all zeroes.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Loss that hurt the most in Bengal history - McC - 03-22-2017, 01:43 PM