Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loss that hurt the most in Bengal history
(03-22-2017, 01:46 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: The 2005 playoff loss losing Carson to a cheap shot was a worse loss than last years.

See, I thought about that, but to me the 2016 game was easily worse because...

1. We almost won in 2016, while in 2005 we lost Carson on the first pass on the game, so the loss wasn't exactly a big surprise at the end.

2. In 2005 we were still in a euphoric state just for making the playoffs for the first time in 14 years, which was also our last playoff win. Now we're at 26 years without a playoff win. The pressure to get that monkey off their (our) backs only grows each year, and to lose in that fashion - considering the streak - was straight up cruel.

3. The 2016 loss was a complete embarrassment that had the national media mocking the Bengals. The 2005 loss was just sad and made people feel sympathy for us.

Both were heart breakers, no doubt...but I had more optimism for the future of the 2005 team than I did for the 2016 team. It was just a better feeling back then. Not sure how to describe it.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Loss that hurt the most in Bengal history - Shake n Blake - 03-22-2017, 02:14 PM