Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loss that hurt the most in Bengal history
(03-22-2017, 08:18 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Exactly. That's what I meant when I said they had a lot of breaks go their way but that it wasn't their fault. It's our own fault. Our boys blew it several times in both games but the 49ers also made several key plays to win. But why hold a grudge against them for that? 

Yes, they won two Super Bowls at our expense by capitalizing during crucial moments when our guys failed to do so. It's not like they were cheap shotting our players all game long and having their coaches get involved. They won, we lost. No reaason to let it hurt our feelings 3 decades later. Gotta have thicker skin than that.

I can't speak for the quoted poster.....but I kind of expectrd the 2015 implosion....but we had SB XXIII WON.  A Super Bowl.  I don't hate the Niners as bad as I used to....and hate the Stoolers much more....but 34 seconds was all that stood between us and a world championship.  It was a gut punch.  So bad in fact....that I became a borderline Saints and Falcoms fan in the late 80s...early 90s because those teams were giving them a run for their money in the NFCWest...and potentially neliminating them from PO contention....lol.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Loss that hurt the most in Bengal history - Wyche'sWarrior - 03-22-2017, 08:31 PM