Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACA/Obamacare Repeal/Replace Drama
(03-14-2017, 03:25 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: What's interesting is that we are going to see that 20% grow. This is a result of the gig economy and its growth in our country. Uber and Lyft are just two examples, but our economy is seeing a growing number of what I would call 1099 workers. These folks aren't going to get benefits from their employers. They are contractors and are considered to be self-employed for the most part. This segment is growing, and is expected to continue to grow, as millennials tend to prefer the freedom that comes along with it.

Robert Reich has some interesting things to say about this phenomenon. But, you probably already knew that.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.

Messages In This Thread
RE: ACA/Obamacare Repeal/Replace Drama - xxlt - 03-24-2017, 03:15 PM