Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACA/Obamacare Repeal/Replace Drama
(03-24-2017, 05:19 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Hate to see this politicized.   The current system is awful.  The plan to replace was awful.

I have insurance but the costs have gone up.  I do two physicals a year, preventive.  At those I get blood pressure taken and they draw blood and send it to a lab.  My cost with insurance used to be 88 dollars a visit out of pocket.  My cost this year with insurance is 278 dollars per visit.  Somebody has to figure this out better.

Not sure what State you live in, or the type of insurance that you have, but those numbers seem a bit high both before and after.  I live in NC, my employer provides us with health care coverage through United Health Care.  Thus far, in the 5 years that I have been with this plan, my copays and deductibles have not changed.  500 annual deductible, 15 office visit, 80/20 on anything once the deductible is met and all copays apply toward the annual deductible.

Edit: Now, the health plan does not include Dental coverage, so I pay 81/mo for both me and my wife. I also carry Aflac supplemental for both of us at a cost of 34/mo.

I am quite satisfied with the plan that my employer has chosen.  My wife, however, works for the County, and their plan isn't quite as good.  Her plan has about a 1500 deductible and 30 copays, but still 80/20 after deductible.  However, if the kids were still at home, I would be screwed.  As an individual I have no cost per my employer, if I had to carry a family plan, it would cost me over 1200/mo.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23

Messages In This Thread
RE: ACA/Obamacare Repeal/Replace Drama - SunsetBengal - 03-24-2017, 07:47 PM