Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACA/Obamacare Repeal/Replace Drama
(03-25-2017, 11:41 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: No, that's not how it works.  You're responsible for any charges not covered, but the insurance company has already negotiated pricing for COVERED procedures that are very different from what is on your bill. I assume you've never had an actual insurance claim, or never bothered to look at your bill?

At least take 4 seconds to google and get educated.  Seriously, you're embarrassing yourself.

No shit, Sherlock. If the insurance company only reimburses the provider 10% (the "COVERED" part) of what the provider charged, who do you think pays for what isn't "COVERED"? The patient. Your bill shows the insurance company's payment (what they negotiated to pay) and the patient is responsible for the remaining balance. So if the provider charges $20K, but the insurance company negotiated a $2K reimbursement, the patient is responsible for the balance or $18K.

You just confirmed what I wrote, but you don't even realize it. You're f'n hilarious. Thanks for setting me straight. LMFAO

Messages In This Thread
RE: ACA/Obamacare Repeal/Replace Drama - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 03-26-2017, 01:38 AM